Monday, January 26, 2009

A little taste of life

So now that I am wasting time in Yaounde, here are pics from actually a long time ago.


My homstay mother wanted to take pictures with the ancestors, I evidently thought it was histerical.


Damari


My stylish family getting ready for a church event



I mean come on.





Edith and I



Deviled Egg Judgement, taken very seriously, cued by caitlyn's sweaty back and ashley's hand on heart



More scary fruit cutting on concrete with Aubrey, Thea, Jessie and Katie



Breanna and Brad warming up Thanksgiving



Classic Phil



Anitha, Ashley, Emily
Serious Deviled Egg competition



Le couple, Brian and Jessie. Brian looks quite good in pink, better than Jessie anyway.



Cara and Kauleen's sweaty back(sorry)

Making some sort of squash dish for Thanksgiving and basically slicing their hands up with the makeshift concrete cutting board.



Phil, Jessie, Brad, Kauleen, Aubrey, Brian, Adam, Thea
Pool party after site visits, some happy and not so happy campers.


Halloween:costumes were a little hairy, but we have charlies angels(Cara, Katie, Aubrey), fanta girl(anna), cara lookalike(caitlyn), sarah palin(breanna), chiquita banana(me) and hula girl(Kauleen). At one point I had live, rotting bananas in my hair wrap.

1 comment:

grammy said...

allison you never stop blowing my mimd. the way you express your reactions is just magnificent.i am right there with you and i am in heaven. the other day i spent an hour or so re-reading you first blogs with rosali - the mother of my aide,angela and i was so proud of you, the way you expressed your feelings, your obviously joyous re-action of all you were seeing.love love and hugs from GUESS WHO -GRAMMY